Friday, April 18, 2008

Yes, My Son is Naked in His Crib


Ok, so we are officially parents of a full-blown 2 year old. James has always been a very pleasant, compliant, well-behaved little boy. That is until Monday morning. He woke up out of nowhere and just decided to go ahead and bring truth to the stories you hear about 2 year olds. We didn't see it coming at all. We put him to bed sweet James and he woke up 'I'm going to push every button possible' James. Anyone relate? So this picture was taken when I had put him down for his nap. He called me in there twice and I told him I wasn't coming in again. Well, I did and it's a GOOD thing! He was yelling, "Shel!" Oh yes, he is calling me by my first name. I went in and much to my surprise, there he was standing up-buck naked. I knew that probably wasn't the worst of my problems either. I flipped on the light and discovered that everything his bladder had been storing for quite some time was on the crib, pillow, blankets, all the stuffed animals...everywhere. I didn't know whether to cry or laugh. So, I did both. I decided to take a picture and that gave me a few seconds to gather my thoughts. Needless to say 20 minutes later: a bare crib, and a two year old who THOUGHT he got out of his nap, I proceeded to put him back down for a nap... Then I spent the next 15 minutes wondering if I handled the situation correctly. "Did I come down on him hard enough? How can I avoid this from ever happening again? Will I be able to salvage the stuffed animals? WHY? WHY WHY?" It's just funny how you can try to do all the "right" things when parenting and yet you just can't avoid a child's instinct to test the limits. And he did... :) I'm sure there will be more stories like this to come, but hopefully not too many more!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: