So I LOVE my kids dearly, but I can't say I love the pounds and inches that have come as a result of them (thank you Lauren). So, I have officially begun 5:00 a.m. workouts!!!! Ummmm...yeah...and there is a good reason for the insane hour too...it's the ONLY time I am not giving up family time and nothing can bump it out because NO ONE else is up and around at this hour! So Lauren is 9 months now and I have been just disgusted (I know that's a strong word) with my post-baby bod!!! I have always enjoyed working out and this is the longest I've gone in 6 years without being very active and my body and energy level are reflecting it! Exercising is very therapeutic for me...anyone else second that??? It mentally does wonders for me. I really do feel like I had valid reasons NOT to be exercising up to this point so let me give you a rundown of them:
- Lauren cried a lot (understatement) for the first 6 months making it difficult to do much of anything. And when she wasn't crying, exercising was the furthest thing from my mind!
- Once she stopped crying (at 6 months) I wanted to enjoy sleeping through the night and not waking up until I had to :)
- The kids rarely nap at the same time and Lauren doesn't really like the pack n play
- I tutor often times 3 nights a week and have a hard time giving up the other few to go the gym when I could be home with my family.
- Up to this point I couldn't go before Luke went to work because he left at 6:00 a.m.
Oh and I got on a McDonalds large coke kick when I was up at all hours with Lauren and now that their $1 it's gotten even worse. Workin on that though....
Enough excuses???...cuz I could probably find some more... Anyway, I have been frustrated with my body so I officially am back in the gym to do something about it. I can hardly walk today because of it, but I feel GREAT! I love the extra energy it gives me. Isn't that crazy...I can get up at 4:45 a.m. and actually have MORE energy than I did when I was sleeping til 7:30...crazy...Anyway, I am on the road to being fit...thank the Lord cuz it's about time! I have a trainer (kind of) and he has put me on my very own lifting (weights) program, which is why I can't walk today. They measure my body fat every 2 weeks to make sure I'm doing the right things. Cool huh? I have never had it this good or bad depending on how you look at it! :) I am also really enjoying the time it gives me to just think and pray before I officially start my day with the kids and Luke. This is one thing I do love about exercise...the ability it gives you to clear your mind. I'm loving it and hopefully in the next several weeks, my clothes will be fitting a bit better!