Thursday, June 5, 2008

When It Rains It Pours...

What you are looking at are all of the prescriptions and "goodies" I had to pick up over the course of the last 7 days. So, some of you may be wondering why I haven't blogged here recently and why there are several bottles of prescription drugs in this picture. Well, here is why... Last Wednesday evening, Luke came down with a severe stomach ache. It lasted throughout the day on Thursday and he finally decided to head into the ER. Well, it was just what everyone thought it was...his appendix. They scheduled an emergency appendectomy and hour later and out it came. The recovery was supposed to be quick. He was to take it easy over the weekend and was given the okay to head back to work on Monday. If only it were that simple...he was in excruciating pain throughout the week and couldn't get out of bed much. He could hardly speak. I kept thinking, "I know they say men have a low pain tolerance, but COME ON!" We realized on Wednesday evening there was an infection. Thankfully we didn't have to head back to the hospital. They were able to give him an antibiotic and take care of it in the office. It has been a long 7 days. I was basically taking care of 3 children and that got tough. I am so thankful for my friends and family who helped out SO much! My parents were simply angels! THANK YOU!!!!! Hopefully things will be back to normal by the beginning of next week!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: