Monday, August 18, 2008

Eating Corn with "Handlebars"


I'm sure chewing on this corn sure felt good on her teeth (she has 6 now-2 on the bottom and 4 on top!)

James wanted to help me shuck the corn but he HATED the corn silk. He's never been able to stand having "stuff" on him.

They couldn't help themselves...mmm...uncooked corn


James had his first experience with corn on the cob about a year ago when he stayed with my parents while we were on vacation and the truth is...he's loved it ever since! It is probably one of his favorite foods and of course the best part for him is eating it off the cob and holding on to it using "handlebars." (that's what he calls the corn holders...isn't that hilarious! It took me a while to figure out what he was talking about. guess it makes sense-corn cob holders..James interpretation...handlebars). I let him help me shuck the corn and he couldn't wait to take a bite. I mean honestly... cold, uncooked corn??? Lauren loved it too! I tried to grab it away at first and boy did squawk at me. We are enjoying the many perks that come along with summer. One of them being fresh, sweet corn.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: