Sunday, July 27, 2008

6 Years Strong

Luke and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary last Sunday, the 20th. We always enjoy reminiscing about how far we've come since the day we met...and the day we were married. Eight years ago I was getting ready to transfer into IWU and wasn't exactly thrilled about it. I had no idea that just a few short months later I would meet the man of my dreams. It's amazing how the Lord directs those paths...The funny thing is when we got married 6 years ago I had no idea I could ever be happier than I was that day. Boy, was I wrong. Here we are with 2 amazing children and a marriage so much stronger and deeper than I could have imagined. In the last 6 years we've shared many exciting experiences...new job opportunities, trips, new found friendships, new churches, and of course James and Lauren. If you would have told me 6 years ago that I could be happier and more fulfilled than I was that day, I wouldn't have believed you. I have to give lots of credit to Luke and his commitment for perfection in our marriage and nothing less. Those of you who know him know how true this is. He's my rock...my leader...my supporter...my best friend...my confidant...my husband...my love. I'm not always really great with my words, but honey...know that I love you more than anything. Happy Anniversary! May the next 6 years be as amazing as the last....I love you!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

darcy said...

Yeah for 6 years!!! And what a cute picture.. I think it needs scrapped on August 23rd.=)

What a great tribute to him, Shelley!