Friday, July 18, 2008

Winter Sickness in the Dead of Summer

Where have I been you may all be wondering??? Well, in a nutshell this is what the last 2 weeks have thrown an us. On the Monday evening following the 4th of July James decided to have his own version of fireworks when he vomited all over. Poor Luke...I was at water aerobics when it happened. He was a real champ though! He came down with some sort of stomach bug (we think). Lauren also was sleeping poorly and had a fever. By Wednesday, Lauren was throwing up constantly. She caught the worse end of the stomach flu and couldn't keep anything down. I put sheets and receiving blankets all over the floor, so when she would throw up, all I had to do was pick up the blankets and throw them in the wash. It worked like a gem! She was actually pretty happy during the flu process, but had a rough time sleeping. She wasn't herself either until Tuesday. When James wasn't getting better by Friday I took him into the doctor where she treated him for possible strep throat and a little infection that had developed on his hand over the weekend. The antibiotic killed two birds with one stone...thankfully. It took James really until Tuesday to be back to his "old self."

And then what happened you may be wondering...I woke up Monday night about 2:50 a.m. literally feeling like I had been trampled by a bull. I don't know if I have ever experienced such severe body ache like I felt that night along with a sore throat and a ridiculously high fever. I could hardly get out of bed. My fever hovered between 102-103 until early Wednesday afternoon when it finally broke. Even then I felt miserable. I was so sick I couldn't even sleep...I'm telling you, it was BAD! Anyway, I finally got into the doctor yesterday and was diagnosed with a bad case of STREP throat. I double dosed on my antibiotics and started feeling better last night. Thankfully I'm feeling pretty good now, but boy it's been a rough 2 weeks at the Carpenter household.
**FYI-when I went to the doctor yesterday, it had been the 3rd time in 5 days between me and both kids.

So, I don't think this was really in a nutshell, but a lot has still happened in the last 2 weeks and I do have pictures to post, I just have to get working on them. So, I promise to update this weekend! Life still went on and I still did manage to get some pictures along the way!!!

No comments: